Stories of heroism often begins with a disadvantaged person who appears to be approaching an unthinkable or uncontrollable situation. The characters in those stories typically overcome the obstacles to achieving that thing they are seeking.
What is one situation you feel is a disadvantage?
Change is inevitable. So, let the air out of your tires to move under that bridge that appears as an obstacle to getting to the other side. Use your number one strength to overcome the following obstacles:
- You have arthritis in your fingers, knees, and neck.
- A natural disaster destroyed everything you own.
- The person you trust the most confessed they abused a child.
Questions to Ask:
- How did your ability prevail in each these scenarios?
- What motivates you to move forward through what appears as a disadvantage?
- What current resources are most likely underutilized for the ability to overcome a current obstacle?
The state of being strong is a lifelong quest. Recently the acclaimed author Elizabeth Gilbert posted on Instagram a telling image. She vulnerably shares beating herself up for not being good enough. When weakness sets in the advantage becomes strengthening your greatest abilities or skills. Heroic moments begin by perceiving an obstacle as a skill-sharpening moment.
GIG Design | Spiritual Lifestyle